Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Left Corner of the Couch


It's my place to "meet with God." Different seasons have meant different places, but it's here for now and it's where my stubborn bum often plops down for a rebuke from God's word mingled with and overshadowed by His mercy and loving kindness. It's where he reminds me:
"...I will bear you, carry you, and deliver you (Isaiah 46:4). I will make an everlasting covenant with you, that I will not turn away from you to do you good (Jeremiah 32:40). I swear that I will show you the kindness of God (1 Samuel 20:14-17). I can as soon forget to be God as forget to be gracious. While My name is Jehovah-merciful, gracious, long-suffering, abundant in goodness and truth-I will never forget to show mercy to you..."
from Precious Promises of the Gospel (p18)

No comments:

Post a Comment