Thursday, April 4, 2013

Faithful

Pearle was a dearly loved and faithful church member for over fifty years. (These days at CHBC, you're considered an "Old Timer" if you are in the 5+ years bracket). I had the privilege of helping coordinate her funeral service and it truly was a delight as I poured over pictures and memories of the life of one who had finished the race well.  Though only survived by a niece and great nephew, she leaves behind a legacy. The testimony of her life was this: She loved God. She loved His word. She loved His church. These words rang from the voices of women from her Sunday School class (the "Friendship Class" in those days) as they shared stories and memories of her dedication and love for God. I am told Pearle had hoped to take the gospel overseas, but a back injury prevented her from fulfilling that dream. She ended up spending over thirty years of her life as the church secretary, among many other roles. Hers was a long life of faithfulness to a faithful God. And I think she might just be my hero.

(Pearle's NIV passed on to me, along with one of her necklaces)

3 comments: